This is a small unity package I made which offers many possibilities of use. It let you use the Unity Editor scene hierarchy to create an electronical signal that goes from children to their parent. You can activate everything you want regarding on condition connectors in the hierarchy. Let's have a small example: Imagine you have an AND connector that has two children. The AND connector will only be activated if both the children are. Of course for this to work the children you want to act as signal transmitters must have a script component derived from the BaseConnector class attached to them.
This system is cost-free. Any signal that changes will update all its parents the same game frame.
The package comes with prefabs, that are just empty gameobjects with one of the different condition connectors script attached to it. Of course they are juste example, and the different script can be attached to any object you want.
How to use it
Loop: a special connector
What can I do with this ?
- Button system to have a complexe system to open doors, switching lights, etc...
- Dialog system to unlock dialog options
- Quest system to make multiple way to achieve a same quest
- Crafting system to have complex recipes
- Simply for an electronical circuit and to be as creative as some minecraft redstones players !